This year, Divorce Magazine and DivorceMagazine.com are celebrating our 20th anniversary of offering support, advice, and guidance to separated and divorced individuals. As part of our anniversary celebrations, we’ve teamed up with DivorcedMoms.com (the Web’s leading resource and community for divorced moms) to launch The Divorce School – which will offer videos and podcasts from a wide range of leading divorce professionals as well as separated and divorced people.
Free, practical, and transformative, The Divorce School will offer essential guidance about every aspect of the divorce process: legal, financial, emotional, and children’s issues.
- Are you concerned about the legal process of divorce? The Divorce School is for you.
- Are you in the dark about how child custody and child support will impact you and your children? The Divorce School is for you.
- Is communicating with and co-parenting with your ex challenging and making you pull your hair out? The Divorce School is for you.
- Are you stuck and unable to move past the negative emotions caused your divorce? The Divorce School is for you, too!
What is The Divorce School?
The Divorce School is a unique online learning center where people will learn to make better choices before, during, and after divorce. Divorce professionals as well as real people who have experienced the process first-hand will share their expertise and experience through videos and podcasts; free, practical, and transformative, the first semester will begin in April 2016. All videos and podcasts will be available 24/7 for free download during April, May, and June.
Who is on the Faculty?
Vera Bergermann, Attorney and Mediator. Practicing law for more than 35 years and family law mediation for more than 20 years, Vera Bergermann knows the ins and outs of the litigation and mediation process. As a qualified parenting coordinator with a Master’s degree in taxation, she has the experience to help clients facing parenting and financial issues.
Pegotty Cooper, Divorce Coach. Pegotty Cooper is the president of Divorce Coaching, Inc., celebrating five years in training and certifying personal Divorce Coaches. She is also a co-author of the book Divorce: Overcome the Overwhelm and Avoid the Six Biggest Mistakes.
Dr. Benjamin Garber, Ph.D. is a licensed psychologist, a former Guardian ad litem, and a parenting coordinator. With advanced degrees in child and family development, clinical psychology, and psycholinguistics, Dr. Garber has served as an expert witness, educating the court about the parental alienation.
John K. Grubb, Family Law Attorney. John Grubb is the founder of a leading law firm for high-asset divorce. John helps business professionals secure assets, property, and income while making fair and accurate arrangements for child custody and child support.
Megan Hunter, High Conflict Expert The CEO of Unhooked Media – a company focused on relationship and conflict resolution through print, digital, and the spoken word – Megan Hunter is the co-founder of the High Conflict Institute. She currently serves on the Advisory Board of the Personality Disorder Awareness Network.
Cathy Meyer, Master Certified Coach (MCC), Divorce Support Expert at About.com and Managing Editor, DivorcedMoms.com, who has been divorced for 16 years with two children.
Dr. Sheri Meyers, Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist Sheri Meyers is the author of Chatting or Cheating: How to Detect Infidelity, Rebuild Love, and Affair-Proof Your Relationship. Known as America’s leading love and intimacy expert, Dr. Sheri is among the nation’s most frequently quoted and interviewed relationship, infidelity, and life-transition specialists.
Veralynn Morris, CDFA. Working as a financial professional for more than 30 years, Veralynn Morris knows the impact divorce can have on someone’s finances. She helps clients realize how today’s decisions can have an immense impact on tomorrow’s financial future.
Marta J. Papa, Divorce Mediator. Marta Papa, a.k.a. the Divorce Whisperer®, is a highly reputable mediator and is considered an authority on mediation nationwide. With more than 25 years of experience in mediation, litigation, and settlement negotiations, she has successfully completed over 4,000 mediated divorces.
Nissa Ricafort, Family Law Attorney. Nissa Ricafort is one of the three founding partners of Broyles Kight & Ricafort, P.C. An experienced family law attorney, Nissa has assisted families through difficult transitions, including high-conflict custody proceedings, international custody disputes, and child support disputes.
Rosalind Sedacca, CCT, is a divorce and parenting coach, relationship and dating coach, and Founder of the Child-Centered Divorce Network. She is the author of several books about divorce and parenting, and has created an audio coaching program for divorced parents.
Diana Shepherd, CDFA™, is the Editorial Director and Co-Founder of Divorce Magazine. The author of hundreds of divorce-related articles, she is a nationally-recognized expert on divorce, finance, remarriage, and stepfamily issues. She has first-hand experience with divorce – both as a child and as an adult.
Dan Couvrette, Publisher and co-owner of Divorce Magazine, DivorcedMoms.com, and Family Lawyer Magazine. He started these magazines after his divorce; he has been happily remarried for 18 years, and is the father of two adult sons from his first marriage.
Martha Chan, Co-Owner of Divorce Magazine, DivorcedMoms.com, and Family Lawyer Magazine. She has been a great stepmother for 18 years.
What Courses Will Be Offered In The Divorce School?
Our curriculum is coming together quickly. Below are a few courses we have on the agenda, with more to come as we move toward the beginning our first semester.
Legal Divorce Issues /Advice
- Will I Need An Attorney/How To Choose An Attorney
- Do It Yourself Divorce
- Getting Prepared For Divorce
Mediation /Arbitration Issues /Advice
- An Overview of Divorce Mediation
- Mediating a High Conflict Divorce
Financial Divorce Issues /Advice
- What You Need To Know About Child Support
- Alimony: Will You Receive, Will You Have To Pay
- How Property Is Divided During Divorce
- How To Recognize a Fair Divorce Settlement?
- Your Post-Divorce Financial Future
Children’s and Co-Parenting Issues /Advice
- When And How To Talk To Your Children About Divorce
- Child Custody: How It is Decided And What Impacts The Decision
- Co-Parenting With An Irrational Ex
- The Importance Of Parenting Time
- What Is Parental Alienation and How To Deal With An Alienating Parent
- Gender Bias In The Family Court System
Emotional Issues/Divorce Recovery
- When And How To Talk To Your Spouse About Divorce
- Is It Time To Divorce?
- Is Your Ex A Narcissist?
- Sex And Divorce
- If You Can’t Stop Crying: Do You And Your Children Need Therapy?
- Overcoming the Trauma of Infidelity
- Creating a Support System
- Recovering and Healing From the Pain Of Divorce
- Accepting an Unwanted Divorce
High-Net-Worth Issues /Advice
- Complicated Finances/Taxes/Hidden Assets
- Is My Spouse Entitled To What I’ve Earned?
- Preparing for Long-Term Litigation and a High Conflict Divorce Process
- Business Valuation
Men And Divorce
- Common Mistakes Men Make During Divorce
- Can Fathers Get Custody of your Children?
- Your Rights and Obligations
Women And Divorce
- Common Mistakes Women Make During Divorce
- Do Mothers Always Get Custody of your Children?
- Your Rights and Obligations
Who Should Attend The Divorce School?
You! If you are thinking about divorce, working your way through the divorce process, or trying to rebuild your life after divorce, The Divorce School offers courses relevant to where you are in the divorce process.
You will be able to access as many – or as few – Divorce School podcasts and videos as you wish. If you have questions about whether you should keep or sell the family home, how child support and spousal support work, how to increase your chances of getting joint or even sole custody of your children, and proven strategies to help yourself (and your children) heal from divorce, you’ll find the answers at The Divorce School.
There are no fees: just watch/listen and learn. Register NOW to get reminders and updates from The Divorce School.
See you in school!
Add A Comment