Becoming a Blogger
Thank you for your interest in becoming a blogger for DivorceMagazine.com! We are currently looking for "lay" bloggers (those who have experienced separation and divorce) and divorce-industry professionals (judges, lawyers, mediators, financial professionals, marriage & family counselors, co-parenting experts, etc.).
If you are someone who is separated or divorced, you can share your experience and insights with others who are struggling with the challenges of divorce. Click here for more information and to start blogging with us.
If you are a divorce-industry professional, you can showcase your knowledge and expertise while offering guidance to those who need your help. Divorce-industry professionals, click here for more information and to start blogging with us.
Two Ways to Blog on this Site
- Written post - this is the most common way of blogging
- NEW! Video Blog - This is our brand new feature that makes blogging extremely easy. If you have a camera in your computer, submitting a video blog is as simple as 1,2,3. No software and no technical skills are required. As our registered blogger, you can submit written or video blog posts as you wish. Also, with this feature, you do not need to register to be a blogger, you can submit a one time video blog. Click here to start video blogging with us!
Ground Rules for Blogging on this Site
- Your written post should be 600 to 1,200 words in length.
- Your video blog post should be under 5 minutes in length.
- Your post cannot be an advertisement for your service or product.
- Your post must be original and not previously published on the Internet.
- You must agree not to publish this article anywhere else – with the exception of your own blog or website – after your article has appeared on DivorceMag.com. Of course, you’re welcome to post a “teaser” summary on your website(s) that links to the post on DivorceMag.com.
- Book excerpts are welcome; you may include an image of your book cover with the blog.
- Please spell-check your blog before posting -- including the title.
- We will remove offensive language or overt self-promotion; we reserve the right to edit or delete posts.
- Posts intentionally promoting hatred based on gender, race, religion, etc. – and the account associated with the post if this is a "second strike" – will be deleted.
Benefits of Being a Blogger on www.DivorceMag.com
- Receive your own profile page
You can post your headshot, bio, and links to your website and social-media pages. Every blog you post will be automatically displayed on your profile page beneath your bio.
- Be promoted through our social media pages, magazines, and a network of divorce-related websites. We will promote our blog posts through:
- Divorce Magazine and DivorceMag.com (has 4,000+ pages, launched in 1996)
- Family Lawyer Magazine and www.FamilyLawyerMagazine.com (has 1,700+ pages, launched in 2012)
- Twitter (18,500 followers), Facebook (9,000 likes), Linkedin group (2,975 members)
- Our ten digital and print Divorce Guides
- MoneyAndDivorceGuide.com (launched October 2015)
- ChildrenAndDivorceGuide.com (launched October 2015)
- TheDivorceSchool.com (launched April 2016)
- MarriageAndSeparation.com, our social networking site.
If you have any questions about any of this, please do not hesitate to contact us.