Team of Highly Experienced Family Law Attorneys Committed to Excellence and Integrity
BKR Family Law Group, formed in 2002 by experienced family law litigators, understands your family law case is not a simple equation. It’s complicated with history and emotion. Our experienced advocates will help you solve the problem.
“I started this family law practice because I wanted to provide individuals and families with high quality, ethical legal representation while showing compassion and understanding for the challenges they face.” – Nissa M. Ricafort, founding partner
When you hire BKR Family Law, you hire a devoted and responsive team with a diverse range of skills and considerable experience in Indiana courtrooms. Although our attorneys are regarded in the community as dedicated litigators, we always explore alternative dispute resolution options to avoid litigation expenses for your family law issues.
We Provide Creative Solutions to Family Law Challenges
We help develop effective options for our clients and their families to reach fair and reasonable resolutions. As a team of highly experienced advocates, we collaborate to provide creative solutions to family law issues. Our team members have served as Guardians ad Litem, argued appellate issues to the Indiana Supreme Court and Indiana Court of Appeals, and presented on a vast array of family law topics locally, regionally, and nationally. Working together, we provide support, understanding and objective advice for the challenges our clients face.
Compassionate Litigators Focused on You, Your Family and Your Children
We are people and parents first, and lawyers second. We are trustworthy, compassionate, and committed to limiting emotional and financial costs when possible in achieving our clients’ goals. As the majority of our team members are parents, we recognize that daily parenting challenges, when combined with the stress of divorce, can be overwhelming. We help clients make the best decisions possible for their families, especially their children.
Avoid Emotional and Financial Costs with Alternative Dispute Resolution
BKR Family Dispute Resolution is the first comprehensive Alternative Dispute Resolution group focused on family law in Central Indiana. Our attorneys understand that family law litigation is often financially and emotionally draining, therefore we always encourage clients to consider alternative methods, such as collaborative law, mediation, parenting coordination and arbitration to avoid additional expenses. Every BKR professional believes each family is the best judge of what’s best for its own future, and when provided the opportunity, are capable of crafting sensible, lasting agreements that allow them to live full, peaceful lives. Our extensive experience allows us to offer compassionate and efficient counsel to help you make those important agreements to benefit you and your family.
Primarily serving the Indianapolis area and surrounding counties, with assistance for families throughout the state of Indiana.
8250 Haverstick Rd., Suite 100, Indianapolis, IN 46240
Broyles Kight & Ricafort, P.C. have written the following FAQs:
- WATCH: What qualifications should someone look for when choosing a divorce lawyer?
- WATCH: Does a premarital or prenuptial agreement override normal property division rules in divorce?
- WATCH: What are the benefits of divorce litigation?
- WATCH: How does divorce mediation work?
- WATCH: Is mediation a better choice than litigation to resolve issues regarding the children? Why?
- WATCH: Is it possible for both parents to have equal decision-making rights regarding their children?
- WATCH: If the children split their time between two homes, is it always 50/50?
- WATCH: What is Assisted Reproductive Technology?
- WATCH: How is paternity determined?
- WATCH: Who needs a premarital agreement? Is it only for the very wealthy?
- WATCH: What can someone do to keep the cost of the divorce litigation process down?
- WATCH: How can a parent have their child returned to the U.S. without breaking international custody laws?
- WATCH: Why is it so important to establish paternity in a divorce case?
- WATCH: How does a judge determine the amount and duration of child support?
- WATCH: If one parent removes the children from the county without consent, what can the other parent do?
- WATCH: What factors are considered when dealing with a foreign court in an international custody dispute?
- WATCH: How does the parenting coordination process work once a PC is appointed by the Court?
- WATCH: How does a divorcing couple decide whether sole custody or joint custody is best for their family?
- WATCH: How does a joint custody agreement usually work?
- WATCH: How is the Guardian ad Litem different from a social worker?
- WATCH: If a parent believes their child has been abused by the other parent, what can they do?
- WATCH: Who typically requests the investigation when there is suspicion of child abuse or neglect?
- WATCH: What are the Child Support Guidelines?
- WATCH: Is there a statute governing parentage that could affect children born via ART in Indiana?
- WATCH: What is a premarital agreement? Is it the same thing as a prenuptial agreement?
- WATCH: Does Indiana have paternity statutes, residency requirements, or adoption laws that could have an impact on whether or not legal parentage of a child born via third party reproduction will be permitted?
- WATCH: How does collaborative divorce work?
- WATCH: If a non-biological parent adopted their spouse’s child during marriage, can they obtain custody?
- WATCH: What does a parenting coordinator do? How can you help a divorcing couple who has children?
- WATCH: If a US court orders that the children should be returned, will a foreign court respect that order?
- WATCH: Does the adoptive parent have the same parental rights as the birth parent during and after divorce?
- WATCH: Can the de facto full-time parent apply to change their arrangement from joint to sole custody?
- WATCH: How does adoption work in Indiana?
- WATCH: Who decides what is marital and what is separate property?
- WATCH: What is the difference between an equitable distribution state and a community property state?
- WATCH: Will U.S. citizenship be conferred upon children born abroad to a U.S. parent utilizing surrogacy?
- WATCH: What does a Guardian ad Litem do?
- Can I Discuss Aspects Of My Case With My Spouse’s Lawyer?
- Do You Receive Alimony For A Percentage Of Years Married?
- What Is The Value Of A Prenuptial Or Postnuptial Agreement?
- My Ex Has Visitation, But I Want To Move To Another State
- Engagement Ring: Marital Or Separate Property In Divorce?
- How does collaborative law differ from traditional divorce?
- How should I plan for mediating child-related topics in an Indiana divorce?
- What can I do to prepare for mediating financial matters in my divorce?
Follow Us on Social Media