Thank you for your interest in becoming a blogger for DivorceMagazine.com, which has been ranked as the #1 Divorce Blog on the Internet for the past three years! We are currently looking for “lay” bloggers (those who have experienced separation and divorce) and divorce-industry professionals (judges, lawyers, mediators, financial professionals, marriage & family counselors, co-parenting experts, etc.).
If you are someone who is separated or divorced, you can share your experience and insights with others who are struggling with the challenges of divorce. Click here for more information and to start blogging with us.
If you are a divorce-industry professional, you can showcase your knowledge and expertise while offering guidance to those who need your help. Divorce-industry professionals, click here for more information and to start blogging with us.
Two Ways to Blog on this Site
- Written post – This is the most common way of blogging.
- Vlog (Video Blog) – If your computer has a camera (built-in or attached externally), you can submit written or video blog posts as you wish. If you have an article that has already been posted on the Internet, get more mileage out of it by recording it as a video! Click here to start vlogging with us!
Ground Rules for Blogging on this Site
- Your written post should be 600 to 1,200 words in length.
- Your video blog post should be under 5 minutes in length.
- Your post cannot be an advertisement for your service or product.
- Your post should be original and not previously published on the Internet.
- You must agree not to publish this article anywhere else – with the exception of your own blog or website – after your article has appeared on DivorceMag.com. However, to make your blogging commitment a little easier for you, we will accept the following exceptions to this rule:
- If you are blogging six times a year for us, two out of those six annual posts may have been posted on your own website/blog before appearing on DivorceMag.com.
- If you are blogging 12 times a year for us, four out of the 12 annual posts may have been posted on your own website/blog before appearing on DivorceMag.com.
- In both cases, you must add a line to the end stating where this article has appeared; e.g., “A version of this article originally appeared on www.YourBlog.com”
- Book excerpts are welcome; you may include an image of your book cover with the blog.
- Please spell-check your blog before posting – including the title.
- We will remove offensive language or overt self-promotion; we reserve the right to edit or delete posts.
- Posts intentionally promoting hatred based on gender, race, religion, etc. – and the account associated with the post if this is a “second strike” – will be deleted.
- You must agree to our Contribution Agreement.
Benefits of Being a Blogger on www.DivorceMag.com
- Receive your own profile page
You can post your headshot, bio, and links to your website and social-media pages. Every blog you post will be automatically displayed on your profile page beneath your bio.
- Be promoted through our social media pages, magazines, and a network of divorce-related websites. We will promote our blog posts through:
- Divorce Magazine and DivorceMag.com (has 4,000+ pages, launched in 1996)
- Family Lawyer Magazine and www.FamilyLawyerMagazine.com (has 1,700+ pages, launched in 2012)
- Twitter (18,500 followers), Facebook (9,000 likes), Linkedin group (2,975 members)
- Our ten digital and print Divorce Guides
If you have any questions about any of this, please do not hesitate to contact us.