If you’d like to write for us, there are two ways you can contribute content to this website:
- You can become a Blogger; click here for more information.
- You can submit one or more Articles for possible publication in Divorce Magazine and/or this website, please email our editors (blogs at divorcemag dot com) stating the topic you’d like to cover. If you have already written the article, please attach it to your email to our editors. Include a short (40-50 word) bio and a link to your website, if any.
Write for Us: Guidelines for Submissions
- Your article should be about 1,200 words in length; minimum 600 words and maximum 2,500 words.
- Your article must be related to separation or divorce. See below for suggested topics.
- Remember that you are writing for divorcing individuals, so avoid jargon and legal or financial minutia.
- The content should be clear, easy to read, and ready for publishing.
- Your article cannot be an advertisement for your service or product.
- Your article should be original and not previously published on the Internet.
- You must agree not to publish this article anywhere else – with the exception of your own blog or website. If the article has already been posted on your own blog or website, please add a line to the end of your article stating where it originally appeared; e.g., “A version of this article originally appeared on www.My Blog.com”
- We reserve the right to edit articles, author credit, and Profile pages for content, house style, length, and SEO (Search Engine Optimization).
- In the event your article is published, you will receive attribution in the form of a “byline” and an “author credit” (max. 50 words) with a link to your website at the end of the article.
- Once published, DivorceMag.com reserves the right to keep the content on the website indefinitely.
- You acknowledge and agree that you are not submitting content with the expectation of any payment/royalties.
- Articles intentionally promoting hatred based on gender, race, religion, etc. will not be accepted.
We encourage you to share the article on your social media after it has been published.
Benefits of Submitting Articles to DivorceMag.com
Although we do not pay for submissions, we will promote you and your article(s) through our social media pages, magazines, and a network of divorce-related websites, including:
- Divorce Magazine and DivorceMag.com (launched in 1996)
- Our bi-monthly newsletter
- Family Lawyer Magazine and www.FamilyLawyerMagazine.com (launched in 2012)
- Twitter (17,000 followers) and Facebook (9,200 likes)
- Our ten unique Divorce Guides
We’re looking for articles that will educate, inspire, and validate the experience of people at all stages of the divorce process – from considering divorce right through to years after the divorce is final – in these important areas:
- Children’s, Co-Parenting, and Stepfamily Issues
- Coping with Divorce
- Your Divorce Process: Pros and Cons
- Financial Issues (e.g., adjusting to your new financial reality during or after divorce)
- Inspirational Stories and Advice
- Relationships and Dating after Divorce
Articles on Coping with Divorce
- Emotional Issues
- Health and Well-Being
- Divorce Recovery
- Children’s, Individual, Parenting, or Couple’s Counseling
- Infidelity Issues
- Domestic Violence and Abuse
- Inspirational Advice/Stories
Articles on Children’s, Co-Parenting, and Stepfamily Issues
- Children’s Emotional Issues & Recovery
- Practical Issues
- Visitation and Scheduling
- Co-Parenting Agreements/Parenting Plans
- Parental Alienation
Articles on Relationships and Dating After Divorce
- Dating after Divorce
- Divorce and Remarriage
- Creating Successful Step or Blended Families
If you have any questions about how (or what) to write for us, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Thank you for your interest!