Divorce Magazine Owners Celebrate Ten Years of…Marriage!
For immediate release – August 28, 2007
For more information or to book an interview, please contact:
Dan Couvrette, Publisher: email@example.com
Toronto, Canada — Hope. It’s what gets us out of the bed in the morning and keeps us putting one foot in front of the other. But for those going through divorce, hope can be elusive.
Divorce Magazine’s owners want you to know that hope for a happier future after divorce is possible. One year after launching the magazine and www.DivorceMagazine.com (and three years after his own divorce), founder and CEO Dan Couvrette was happily remarried in Toronto, Canada. This summer, Dan and his wife, Martha Chan, Divorce Magazine‘s co-owner and Vice-President of Marketing, celebrated their 10th wedding anniversary by taking a trip of a lifetime to Africa with their son, Dylan.
We caught up with Dan and Martha recently and asked them to share their personal tips for a successful marriage. Here they are:
- Spend time together. “Work and play together, with each other, and with your kids, no matter how busy you are,” says Dan.
- Don’t be afraid to also spend time apart. “We all need our space,” says Martha. “When Dan and I spend time apart it doesn’t mean we don’t love each other.” Spend time with your girl or guy friends, she suggests. “Don’t hesitate to do activities or sports you love on your own if your spouse is not into the same thing.”
- Be supportive of your spouse. “Support each other in whatever it is that interests you,” advises Martha. “Make your spouse a proud mother or father, help them be successful in their career, and support their family and hobbies.” (Martha and Dan, for instance, are activists for the same non-profit organization — The Hunger Project.)
- Begin from a place of trust. “Never question your spouse’s intention,” stresses Dan. “They may do things that ‘appear’ to be wrong or hurtful, but if you start by knowing they have good intentions, the rest will take care of itself.”
- Communicate. “Tell each other what works, and what doesn’t work,” suggests Martha. “Don’t save it all up and then blow up.” And be sure to tell them regularly that you love them, she urges. “Just tell them!”
- Appreciate life — and one another. “Don’t take each other for granted,” advises Dan. “And don’t take your relationship for granted, either. Learn the art of appreciation. It will do wonders for your relationship and your life.”
- Celebrate your accomplishments, individually, and as a couple. “And celebrate your children’s accomplishments, too, together as a family,” says Martha.
About Divorce Magazine
Launched in 1996, Divorce Magazine is North America’s only magazine devoted entirely to divorce. The magazine is published twice a year with six regional editions and is full of helpful articles as well as guides to local divorce professionals. The website www.DivorceMagazine.com has been a leading divorce-related source since 1996 and offers thousands of pages of self-help articles as well as divorce news, public forums, polls, information on local divorce professionals, and a blog located at www.divorcemag.com/blog. The company also runs www.BlogsOnDivorce.com, which features expert opinion and insight from leading divorce professionals, including judges, lawyers, mediators, therapists and more. For more information on Divorce Magazine, www.DivorceMagazine.com and www.BlogsOnDivorce.com, contact publisher and CEO Dan Couvrette at (866) 803-6667 ext. 24 or email DanC@divorcemag.com.