Excellence in large marital estates, complex property, and contested custody
Carter Morris is a Houston firm of outstanding attorneys practicing family law exclusively. Committed to helping people facing difficult family challenges, they handle a wide range of family law matters statewide, with many clients from Southeast Texas and the Greater Houston Area.
This team of family law attorneys has extensive experience in all family law matters, particularly high net-worth divorce and high-conflict custody matters. Their experience in divorce cases involving large marital estates, complex property issues, and contested custody disputes sets them apart.
The experienced lawyers you need for your divorce
Patricia Carter has over 16 years of family law experience and is board certified in family law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. A fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Patricia Carter was named a “Rising Star” (2004-2008) and “Super Lawyer” (2008 – 2017), both services of Thomson Reuter appearing in Texas Monthly magazine. Patricia is sought out for her work in contested custody cases and cases involving non-parent parties.
Adam J. Morris is also board certified in family law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and a fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, and he has over 12 years of family law experience. Named a “Rising Star” (2005-2012) and “Super Lawyer” (2013– 2017) a Thomson Reuter service appearing in Texas Monthly magazine (2005-2012), Adam J. Morris specializes in cases involving complex marital estates.
Carter Morris and its team of family law attorneys are recognized by the legal community for their results and dedication. As experienced negotiators and litigators, they zealously pursue your best interests.
A successful track record in complex property division
It is important in any divorce to hire an experienced lawyer familiar with Texas law and court procedures. That is especially true when dealing with complex property division and child custody issues. Carter Morris has extensive experience with large marital estates and complex property issues, the division of retirement funds, investment assets, hidden assets, and alimony.
Highly respected negotiators and trial attorneys
Whether you need quality representation in the negotiation of your financial settlement or a strong advocate to fight for your custody rights, the attorneys at Carter Morris can help. Through a firm and assertive approach to negotiations, the firm has achieved quality results for their clients while avoiding the cost and anxiety of divorce litigation. In cases that cannot be resolved by agreement, their experienced trial lawyers are always ready to effectively advocate on your behalf to either judge or jury.
Experienced Houston Family Law Attorneys
515 Post Oak Blvd., Suite 600, Houston, TX 77027
- WATCH: If A Spouse Inherits Assets during the Marriage, How Can It Be Preserved in the Event of Divorce?
- WATCH: How Common Is Financial Misbehavior during High-Net-Worth Divorce Cases?
- WATCH: What Special Challenges Do High-Net-Worth Clients Face during Divorce?
- WATCH: Who Will Win Custody of the Children in Divorce?
- WATCH: How Is Alimony, Spousal Support, or Maintenance Determined in Texas?
- WATCH: What Role Does Domestic Violence Play in Divorce?
- WATCH: How Common Are Prenuptial Agreements in Wealthy Marriages?
- “Do both myself and my spouse need to be in the same room if we go the mediation route for our divorce?”
- “My spouse stayed at home during our marriage. I don’t think it’s fair that he gets half of our assets. Is there anything I can do about this?”
- “I am worried that my spouse will try to hide assets from me. How can I be sure I get a fair share of the business and other assets?”
- “If I file for divorce, how can I protect certain assets (family heirlooms, etc.) from my ex?”
- “What information do I need to bring to an initial consultation with my divorce lawyer?”
- “Can I fire my divorce lawyer? How? Under what circumstances?”