Who typically requests a child abuse investigation?

By Allison Williams
December 16, 2015

That varies greatly from case to case. Under state law, anyone who believes a child may be abused is required by law to report. The statute does not address the issue of neglect, even though when we talk about child abuse, we often include child abuse and neglect. Typically, those calls come from third parties such as school personnel, mental health professionals, medical professionals, and neighbors. In addition, relatives can call when they feel there's something going on in a family and they can't persuade their child, cousin, or whomever it is to address the issues that need to be addressed. But, of course, you have parents calling on each other on a regular basis.

Allison Williams is a Union, New Jersey family lawyer who is certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a matrimonial law attorney. To learn more about Allison, visit her firm's online profile or thru her website www.newjerseydyfsdefense.com.

Back To Top

December 16, 2015
Categories:  FAQs

Add A Comment


Allowed HTML: <b>, <i>, <u>, <a>



Divorce Lawyers

Certified Divorce Financial Analyst

Find all CDFAs

Divorce Mediators

Find Divorce Mediators

Business Valuators / CPAs

Find Business Valuators / CPAs

Collaborative Practice

Find Collaborative Practitioners

Reason for your Divorce

Why did your relationship end? If there's more than one reason, choose the strongest factor.

Money Problems/Arguments
Physical/Emotional Infidelity
Physical/Mental Illness
Physical/Emotional Abuse
Alcoholism/Addiction Issues
Basic Incompatibility

Copyright © 2017 Divorce Magazine, Divorce Marketing Group & Segue Esprit Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without prior written permission is prohibited.