What should a parent do if Family Services contacts them and wants to discuss an incident?

By Laura Schantz
October 12, 2016

Parents should not talk to Family Services. It’s your right to remain silent in a criminal case. Many parents just start talking and tell Family Services all sorts of things. You will find that you will say something that you think is helping you that will somehow be twisted against you. If Family Services is insisting on talking to you, tell them that you will talk to them with your attorney present; that way, your attorney can help the conversation along and make sure that the client is answering questions in the correct way, in the minimal way.

Laura Schantz, a Beaverton divorce and family lawyer and mediator has helped clients find creative solutions to complex financial matters involving asset division, spousal support, and child support. To learn more about Laura Schantz and her firm, visit www.oregondivorceattorney.com.

Back To Top

October 12, 2016
Categories:  FAQs

Add A Comment


Allowed HTML: <b>, <i>, <u>, <a>



Divorce Lawyers

Certified Divorce Financial Analyst

Find all CDFAs

Divorce Mediators

Find Divorce Mediators

Business Valuators / CPAs

Find Business Valuators / CPAs

Collaborative Practice

Find Collaborative Practitioners

Reason for your Divorce

Why did your relationship end? If there's more than one reason, choose the strongest factor.

Money Problems/Arguments
Physical/Emotional Infidelity
Physical/Mental Illness
Physical/Emotional Abuse
Alcoholism/Addiction Issues
Basic Incompatibility

Copyright © 2017 Divorce Magazine, Divorce Marketing Group & Segue Esprit Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without prior written permission is prohibited.