What kind of things can a family law attorney help with to conclude the juvenile dependency case quickly?

By Laura Schantz
October 24, 2016

Typically, it’s not very quick in Juvenile Court. A family law attorney brings a different perspective to Juvenile Court. We have public defenders that are in there all day, every day doing what they do, and we have the Family Services that really has a very strong presence there, pretty much telling everybody how it’s going to be. A family lawyer can bring a breath of fresh air in there because he/she is not going to agree to everything that Family Services wants to do. I fight differently for my clients and come up with more creative solutions. I have more time to really get working on the case and moving the case forward than maybe a public defender with a huge case load. I think it just turns out a lot better for my clients when they have someone that knows the divorce side and the juvenile side and can kind of work them together.

Laura Schantz, a Beaverton divorce and family lawyer and mediator has helped clients find creative solutions to complex financial matters involving asset division, spousal support, and child support. To learn more about Laura Schantz and her firm, visit www.oregondivorceattorney.com.

Back To Top

October 24, 2016
Categories:  FAQs

Add A Comment


Allowed HTML: <b>, <i>, <u>, <a>



Divorce Lawyers

Certified Divorce Financial Analyst

Find all CDFAs

Divorce Mediators

Find Divorce Mediators

Business Valuators / CPAs

Find Business Valuators / CPAs

Collaborative Practice

Find Collaborative Practitioners

Reason for your Divorce

Why did your relationship end? If there's more than one reason, choose the strongest factor.

Money Problems/Arguments
Physical/Emotional Infidelity
Physical/Mental Illness
Physical/Emotional Abuse
Alcoholism/Addiction Issues
Basic Incompatibility

Copyright © 2017 Divorce Magazine, Divorce Marketing Group & Segue Esprit Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without prior written permission is prohibited.