What should I do if my child’s other parent is threatening to move to another state?

By Sally Oldham
October 20, 2013
CT FAQs/Child Custody

You should immediately seek recourse through the family law courts. Connecticut law requires the parent to file the appropriate motion with the court and to prove that the move is in the children’s best interest.




Sally Oldham is a partner at Rutkin, Oldham & Griffin, LLC, which was founded on the premise that a law firm can make a real difference in people’s lives and can shape the course of the law. They have offices located in Westport and Greenwich, Connecticut. Back To Top

October 20, 2013

Add A Comment


Allowed HTML: <b>, <i>, <u>, <a>



Divorce Lawyers

Certified Divorce Financial Analyst

Find all CDFAs

Divorce Mediators

Find Divorce Mediators

Business Valuators / CPAs

Find Business Valuators / CPAs

Collaborative Practice

Find Collaborative Practitioners

Reason for your Divorce

Why did your relationship end? If there's more than one reason, choose the strongest factor.

Money Problems/Arguments
Physical/Emotional Infidelity
Physical/Mental Illness
Physical/Emotional Abuse
Alcoholism/Addiction Issues
Basic Incompatibility

Copyright © 2017 Divorce Magazine, Divorce Marketing Group & Segue Esprit Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without prior written permission is prohibited.