What should a separated or divorced parent do if Family Services is investigating him or her for an allegation of physically...

By Laura Schantz
October 26, 2016

First of all, they should get a lawyer. Family Services investigations can have criminal investigation consequences, too. Sometimes law enforcement is investigating at the same time. Even if an attorney was contacted to assist in the case, they might be also contacting a criminal lawyer to help the client because they’re concerned about criminal charges. The client has the right to remain silent. Oftentimes, your own words are the words that end up making it that there are founded allegations of abuse or that you have become charged with some sort of a crime. If you had not said anything, there would not have been these charges brought against you. Clients are truly advised to get attorneys involved to help them through the process.

Laura Schantz, a Beaverton divorce and family lawyer and mediator has helped clients find creative solutions to complex financial matters involving asset division, spousal support, and child support. To learn more about Laura Schantz and her firm, visit www.oregondivorceattorney.com.

Back To Top

October 26, 2016
Categories:  FAQs

Add A Comment


Allowed HTML: <b>, <i>, <u>, <a>



Divorce Lawyers

Certified Divorce Financial Analyst

Find all CDFAs

Divorce Mediators

Find Divorce Mediators

Business Valuators / CPAs

Find Business Valuators / CPAs

Collaborative Practice

Find Collaborative Practitioners

Reason for your Divorce

Why did your relationship end? If there's more than one reason, choose the strongest factor.

Money Problems/Arguments
Physical/Emotional Infidelity
Physical/Mental Illness
Physical/Emotional Abuse
Alcoholism/Addiction Issues
Basic Incompatibility

Copyright © 2017 Divorce Magazine, Divorce Marketing Group & Segue Esprit Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without prior written permission is prohibited.