My Husband Verbally Abuses Me And Threatens Me. What Can I Do?

Getting legal counsel is important, but before that you want to make sure that you are safe from any possible harm.

By Chris L. Garibian
July 11, 2007

icon_video.gif (336 bytes)

Call the police. If your safety is ever an issue, if you feel like you’re being verbally harassed or otherwise abused, call the police first.  Make sure that you are safe and well taken care of. Then, get a good attorney, get some good advice, and take the next steps to having a better life.

Chris L. Garibian is the founder of Garibian LLC, a New Jersey law firm limited in practice to family law and related matters.

Back To Top

July 11, 2007
Categories:  FAQs|Videos

Add A Comment


Allowed HTML: <b>, <i>, <u>, <a>



Divorce Lawyers

Certified Divorce Financial Analyst

Find all CDFAs

Divorce Mediators

Find Divorce Mediators

Business Valuators / CPAs

Find Business Valuators / CPAs

Collaborative Practice

Find Collaborative Practitioners

Reason for your Divorce

Why did your relationship end? If there's more than one reason, choose the strongest factor.

Money Problems/Arguments
Physical/Emotional Infidelity
Physical/Mental Illness
Physical/Emotional Abuse
Alcoholism/Addiction Issues
Basic Incompatibility

Copyright © 2017 Divorce Magazine, Divorce Marketing Group & Segue Esprit Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without prior written permission is prohibited.