My ex is telling our daughter lies about me. What should I do?

Parental alienation is a serious issue, and it can be caused by your ex badmouthing you to your kids.

By Jim Loveless
June 26, 2006
"My ex is telling our daughter lies about me. What should I do?" TX FAQs/Emotional Issues

The first thing is to make sure you are right about what is being said and by whom. If that is in fact happening, you will not likely meet with much success in confronting the former spouse. The advice of a competent counselor to meet with you and your daughter should be considered. In responding to the child, do not attack the other parent, but make it clear that you love the child and will always try to do the right thing. Sometimes a close family member such as a grandparent can intervene. If the conduct still prevails, try to document it and, if need be, take the abusive former spouse to court.

Jim Loveless practices family law with Loveless & Associates in Fort Worth.

Back To Top

June 26, 2006
Categories:  FAQs

Add A Comment


Allowed HTML: <b>, <i>, <u>, <a>



Divorce Lawyers

Certified Divorce Financial Analyst

Find all CDFAs

Divorce Mediators

Find Divorce Mediators

Business Valuators / CPAs

Find Business Valuators / CPAs

Collaborative Practice

Find Collaborative Practitioners

Reason for your Divorce

Why did your relationship end? If there's more than one reason, choose the strongest factor.

Money Problems/Arguments
Physical/Emotional Infidelity
Physical/Mental Illness
Physical/Emotional Abuse
Alcoholism/Addiction Issues
Basic Incompatibility

Copyright © 2017 Divorce Magazine, Divorce Marketing Group & Segue Esprit Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without prior written permission is prohibited.