I am dissatisfied with the outcome of my divorce case in Georgia. Can I file an

Ask your attorney about the current state of the Georgia court system, and move towards deciding to appeal your case upon learning this information.

By Randall Kessler
July 10, 2010
GA FAQs/Legal Issues

I am dissatisfied with the outcome of my divorce case in Georgia. Can I file an appeal?

For the past few years, the Supreme Court of Georgia has implemented a Pilot Project for cases involving divorce and/or alimony. Under the Pilot Project, discretionary applications for appeal, which are timely filed from the final judgment and decree of divorce, will be automatically granted unless the application is found to be frivolous by the Court. The Court will deny frivolous applications, and the applicant as well as his or her attorney may be assessed a penalty of up to $2,500.00. Please check with an attorney to ensure this process is still in existence or has not been modified by the time you wish to file an appeal.

Randall Kessler is a Family Lawyer and a founding partner of Kessler, Schwarz & Solomiany, P.C., an Atlanta, Georgia family-law firm. Randy has over 20 years of experience in Domestic Relations and Family Law matters including divorce, custody, paternity, prenuptial agreements and child support. He can be reached at 404.688.8810. Visit the firm's website at http://kssfamilylaw.com.

Back To Top

July 10, 2010
Categories:  FAQs

Add A Comment


Allowed HTML: <b>, <i>, <u>, <a>


Reason for your Divorce

Why did your relationship end? If there's more than one reason, choose the strongest factor.

Money Problems/Arguments
Physical/Emotional Infidelity
Physical/Mental Illness
Physical/Emotional Abuse
Alcoholism/Addiction Issues
Basic Incompatibility

Copyright © 2017 Divorce Magazine, Divorce Marketing Group & Segue Esprit Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without prior written permission is prohibited.