If the children split their time between two homes, what are the most common types of living arrangements post-divorce?

By Laura M. Urbik Kern
April 29, 2016

When people say 50/50, it's kind of elusive because what are you really talking about? Are you talking about waking hours, sleeping hours, camp? What are you talking about? That's the first thing that a good lawyer has to do, is try to figure out what is going on and is it a case where the kids need to see both parents approximately the same amount of time? Does that mean parents have to alternate weeks? No. Does it mean parents have to alternate months? No. There are a million ways to do this. In mediation, you explore all those different types of ways.

With 30 years of experience in family law, Laura M. Urbik Kern is a certified mediator and family lawyer who concentrates on dissolution, family and juvenile law, child support, and complex domestic relations cases. To learn more about Laura, visit her firm's online profile or her website laurakern.com.

Back To Top

April 29, 2016

Add A Comment


Allowed HTML: <b>, <i>, <u>, <a>



Divorce Lawyers

Certified Divorce Financial Analyst

Find all CDFAs

Divorce Mediators

Find Divorce Mediators

Business Valuators / CPAs

Find Business Valuators / CPAs

Collaborative Practice

Find Collaborative Practitioners

Reason for your Divorce

Why did your relationship end? If there's more than one reason, choose the strongest factor.

Money Problems/Arguments
Physical/Emotional Infidelity
Physical/Mental Illness
Physical/Emotional Abuse
Alcoholism/Addiction Issues
Basic Incompatibility

Copyright © 2017 Divorce Magazine, Divorce Marketing Group & Segue Esprit Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without prior written permission is prohibited.