If the biological parents have lost custody of their children to a third party, what do they need to do to regain custody...

By Laura Schantz
October 18, 2016

It is very possible because courts are wanting legal parents to raise their own children if at all possible. If someone is now free of their addiction, has changed their life after being in prison or whatever their situation was, and gotten their act together so to speak, then that parent would petition the court to start having more access to their child – to have a bigger part in their child’s life – and then could continue to request relief in the future as things got better and better with that parent and the child to the point where it would make sense for the child to be returned to the parent’s custody.

Laura Schantz, a Beaverton divorce and family lawyer and mediator has helped clients find creative solutions to complex financial matters involving asset division, spousal support, and child support. To learn more about Laura Schantz and her firm, visit www.oregondivorceattorney.com.

Back To Top

October 18, 2016
Categories:  FAQs

Add A Comment


Allowed HTML: <b>, <i>, <u>, <a>



Divorce Lawyers

Certified Divorce Financial Analyst

Find all CDFAs

Divorce Mediators

Find Divorce Mediators

Business Valuators / CPAs

Find Business Valuators / CPAs

Collaborative Practice

Find Collaborative Practitioners

Reason for your Divorce

Why did your relationship end? If there's more than one reason, choose the strongest factor.

Money Problems/Arguments
Physical/Emotional Infidelity
Physical/Mental Illness
Physical/Emotional Abuse
Alcoholism/Addiction Issues
Basic Incompatibility

Copyright © 2017 Divorce Magazine, Divorce Marketing Group & Segue Esprit Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without prior written permission is prohibited.