Are there any 401(k) accounts for federal employees?

By Carolyn Grimes
December 07, 2016

Strangely enough, there are: 401(k) and 403(b). The federal agencies that deal with money, strangely enough, like the FEC and other financial industries also have 401(k)s and 403(b)s for their employees, in addition to potential for TSPs. If you got someone who works for a financial agency of the government, make sure you look for that. There will be a deduction for it on their pay stub, so you could possibly have 401(k) or 403(b) – probably more likely, but one of them is both. They're there, too. Don't forget to look for those.

Carolyn Grimes is a family lawyer at the law firm of Wade Grimes Friedman Sutter & Leischner PLLC in Alexandria, Virginia. To learn more about Grimes and her firm, visit

Back To Top

December 07, 2016
Categories:  FAQs

Add A Comment


Allowed HTML: <b>, <i>, <u>, <a>



Divorce Lawyers

Certified Divorce Financial Analyst

Find all CDFAs

Divorce Mediators

Find Divorce Mediators

Business Valuators / CPAs

Find Business Valuators / CPAs

Collaborative Practice

Find Collaborative Practitioners

Reason for your Divorce

Why did your relationship end? If there's more than one reason, choose the strongest factor.

Money Problems/Arguments
Physical/Emotional Infidelity
Physical/Mental Illness
Physical/Emotional Abuse
Alcoholism/Addiction Issues
Basic Incompatibility

Copyright © 2017 Divorce Magazine, Divorce Marketing Group & Segue Esprit Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without prior written permission is prohibited.