Can a lawyer help when there is a controlling spouse?

By Jack A. Rounick
May 01, 2013
PA FAQs/Legal Issues

How can a lawyer help a divorcing spouse who is being controlled by the other spouse, especially when that other spouse is uncooperative and unhelpful? Is there anything that you can do as a lawyer to help expedite that process and to make it a little bit more seamless to facilitate that?

If the other spouse has an attorney, you can work with the attorney. If they don’t have an attorney and they’re just going to be unreasonable, then what you have to do is approach it by doing exactly the opposite of what I said when there’s cooperating spouses. You have to go out and get your own appraisals and your own business valuations. The court will order that done, if necessary, if you can’t get cooperation from the other spouse.

The Law Offices of Jack A. Rounick, LLC is a small firm with its practice devoted to Matrimonial Law. The practice devotes its time to the representation of a party in all complex marital cases by negotiating and, if necessary, litigating outstanding issues. Jack A. Rounick, Esquire has had extensive experience in handling all aspects of the field. He has represented clients throughout Pennsylvania with the practice mostly concentrated in the Delaware Valley. He can be reached at 484-684-6055.

Back To Top

May 01, 2013
Categories:  FAQs

Add A Comment


Allowed HTML: <b>, <i>, <u>, <a>



Divorce Lawyers

Certified Divorce Financial Analyst

Find all CDFAs

Divorce Mediators

Find Divorce Mediators

Business Valuators / CPAs

Find Business Valuators / CPAs

Collaborative Practice

Find Collaborative Practitioners

Reason for your Divorce

Why did your relationship end? If there's more than one reason, choose the strongest factor.

Money Problems/Arguments
Physical/Emotional Infidelity
Physical/Mental Illness
Physical/Emotional Abuse
Alcoholism/Addiction Issues
Basic Incompatibility

Copyright © 2017 Divorce Magazine, Divorce Marketing Group & Segue Esprit Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without prior written permission is prohibited.